Five for Friday–Temple Edition!!!

1.  Tammy and Scuff received their endowments on Saturday!  It was such a wonderful, but very long day.  The closest temple to our house is in Medford, Oregon.  It was a long drive to the temple.  Our day started very early, leaving at 6 a.m. and Tammy’s endowment was late in the afternoon, so we didn’t arrive home until 11:30 p.m.

The drive to the temple is absolutely beautiful and it was a spiritual feast.  Drew and I had some names from our ancestors ready to do the temple work for, one of whom was my grandmother’s sister.  It was a very sweet experience to do the work for her.  One I will remember for a long time.

 2.  On Tuesday, Scuff left for his mission.  There was quite a bit of drama concerning his departure.  He was scheduled to go straight to the Brazil MTC (Missionary Training Center), but his visa had not arrived yet.  About a week before he left, we still did not know what his travel plans would be.  He called Missionary Travel, who let him know he would be heading to the Provo, UT MTC.  There was some discussion about airports and travel plans.  They said they would make the arrangements and email them to him.  On Friday, last week, he finally looked at his plans and they had scheduled him to arrive in Provo at 7 p.m. the day he was to report to the MTC at 2 p.m.  On that schedule, he was suppose to leave here at 1:30 p.m.  When they realized he needed to arrive before 2 p.m. on the day they scheduled him to fly, they changed his reservations to the day before and his departure time was now 10:30 a.m.

We did get everything together and get him to the airport by 9:30 a.m.  That might seem like a problem, but the planes were delayed 2 hours so he was going to miss his connecting flight.  They rescheduled him again and gave him a direct flight to Salt Lake City arriving about the same time as he was originally scheduled to arrive, but it included a three hour layover.  I’m sure he is doing fine, because we have not heard from him since he left, which means he arrived.  So we will wait until his first P-day to hear how things went on his end.

I cannot believe we have sent out our third missionary.  Sport is not that far behind him.  They are only 19 months apart, so more than likely, they will also miss each other.  Our second missionary is scheduled to come home at the end of July.  All of these comings and goings keep the house really hopping!

3.  The bathroom remodel is coming right along.  Today marks the end of three weeks since they began the work.  So this is what the old bathroom looked like:

 Then it looked like this:

Now it looks like this:

That’s the same window in each photo.  The sink used to be under the window, now we have put a bath/tub shower unit there.  They will seal in the window so it is water tight.  The new sink and vanity will go where the old shower unit was.  That is still being made, so I don’t have any photos of it yet.  We are suppose to finish the texture of the walls today, paint on Monday, and then work on the flooring, while the cabinet is being built.

#4.  Slim is home from college, which means my house is much louder and busier and sometimes the rooms are in commotion.  Today, he rearranged their bedroom.  I totally appreciate his willingness and ability to do these things.  He usually just initiates these things on his own.  I just have to manage his high maintenance while he is cleaning.

#5.  The family room is almost finished 🙂  You probably won’t be able to see it very well in these photos, but here is it:

The shelving units….


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: